Monday, April 2, 2012

A little background

So here is a little background about me.  I graduated college with a business degree concentrating in both accounting and finance.  I am a numbers nerd, and I love it!  I then got a great job working for a Department of Defense contractor.  I really enjoyed being part of something so important.  I was encouraged to work on my Masters degree while working there, so I signed up for graduate school and started night classes.

During this time, I brought my youngest daughter into the world.  Suddenly my strong desire to conquer the world disappeared as my new desire of being a mom overtook.  I finished my master's degree with a concentration in finance, but left my wonderful job.  That was 12 years ago.  Now two more kids later, I am still loving my life as a stay-at-home mom.  I do miss the work environment and the challenges that came with success.  I wouldn't trade the time I have spent with my children though.

Because I realize that there are a lot of moms out there that are not so nerdy with numbers, I hope to publish several financial articles in this month's blog posts.  My goal is not to bore you with details, but to explain things I do to mange my household's finances in this crazy world we live in.  A few topics I am thinking of are paying allowance, saving for college, responsible spending, and how to determine personal financial goals.  Let me know of any other ideas you may have as I would love to get feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment