Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Knorr Homestyle Stock Review

I got my first item from Smiley360.  Inside was the new Knorr Homestyle stock along with recipes, coupons to share, and a fun ladle.


I have tested the stock out in a couple of recipes and have enjoyed it!  I think the flavor boost from one of the containers is noticeable.  The package came with 4 individual containers filled with concentrated stock.  I simply added the container to a creation, and enjoyed the yummy benefit.  The stock is thick and comes out of its container in a gel-like form.  It dissolves easily, and can be used like chicken stock if you add water.  This option is a lot easier to store than the cans of chicken broth, and it is just as easy to use!

I used the broth in homemade Red Beans and Rice.  This is a simple recipe I make for my family when we want something hardy.

1/2 package of dried red beans, soaked overnight
1 cup dried wild rice 
1 16 oz package of Jimmy Dean Natural Sausage
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tbl dried italian seasonings
1 container of Knorr Homestyle Stock

Drain soaked red beans, add 4 cups water and simmer beans until soft (about 2 hours).  Add rice to beans along with an additional 1 cup water and simmer 45 minutes.  In a separate pan, saute the sausage with the peppers, onion and italian seasonings.  Add the concentrated stock packet to the beans and stir until dissolved.  Add the cooked sausage mixture to the bean and rice mixture.  Serve in bowls with hot sauce.  

I received the Knorr Homestyle Stock as a member of Smiley360.  I did not pay for the product, but was given it to test and give my opinion on.  The opinions of this product are my own, and I will not receive additional benefit for my review.




No comments:

Post a Comment