Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Cravebox - A Review of EBoost

Just a friendly reminder that my reviews for my Cravebox items are all my own.  I paid $10 to receive my box of goodies, and my reviews are genuine.  I have nothing to gain by giving a good review, just as as negative review offers me no benefit.

One of the lovely items in my box was the EBoost Daily Health Booster.  Energy drinks scare me.  I don't like the high levels of caffeine in them, and the amount of sugar can be staggering.  Eboost is different.  There are only 5 calories in the packet, and it is sweetened with my new love - Stevia.  The caffeine comes from Green Tea, which is a more natural and beneficial source. I am a big reader of labels, and the first thing that pops out to me is the number of nutrients this stuff has.  I live in Montana and therefore must get my sunshine in a Vitamin D supplement.  One packet of the Eboost has 1,000 mg of Vitamin D - the exact amount my doctor advised me to take on a daily basis.  There are also high levels of Vitamin C and Vitamin B12 which is known to be an energy booster.

Enough of label reading.  I have tasted and dumped vitamin packet drinks before.  The fizz combined with the metallic taste has made me ill.  Eboost is not a drink I would crave, but it is very drinkable.  One packet mixed with 8 oz. of water is all it takes to give my energy level a boost.  I wake up daily at 4:45 to get to the gym so I can work out with the ladies.  I love starting the day with exercise - it sets me up for energy throughout the day, or at least until 2:00 in the afternoon.  2:00 is the time when I start to wind down, and I usually grab a cup of coffee to get me going again and sometimes that chocolate chip cookie too.  I replaced my cup-of-joe afternoon habit with one of the Eboost packets.  Not only did I get some energy, but I also lost that desire for a sweet treat.

I must make a note that I did get a little jittery after drinking the supplement.  I think next time I will use only half of the packet.  I also wouldn't drink this supplement within several hours of my bedtime.  The caffeine could prevent a good night's sleep.  I will definitely enjoy these next week after daylight savings time kicks in.  I expect the Eboost will be my answer for making it through Monday!

1 comment: